Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fun Project

I have been wanting a head board for some time now. With much searching and comparing prices, I've decided that I would just make one. It was so easy to do and very inexpensive.
Here are the supplies I needed..........
Piece of ply wood the size you want it. (I got mine at Home Depot) $12.
Foam-which I purchased at Hobby Lobby $12.50 with coupon .
Batting $8
I got 4 yards of fabric for $1.50 a yard. $6
Upholstery tacks- $2.50
Staple gun/staples- I already had these.
Only took me about an hour to do.
TOTAL COST: $41

I love the way it turned out. So easy.

4 comments:

Janae said...

Great job on the headboard! I love your bedroom set-up too. Very "put together".

Marisa and Rob said...

I LOVE it Tammy!!!! Great job! I was just tell rob that i would love to make a headboard. :o) I love you're room!!! We need to get together sometime!!

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

Wow! I Love the headboard. I have been wanting to make one for a long time! What size is your bed? and how did you know what dimensions to make it.

Kenningtons said...

It's gorgeous and your room is so cute!!! I'm not surprised coming from you though. Thanks for sharing!! I'm in the market for a headboard and now I know just what to do.