Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chairs..

I've been looking for 2 matching chairs to put in my living room. I found two of these on craigslist and spent $50 for both. They were both in good condition, minus the staining. I thought maybe I could get the stains out, but decided that I would get them recovered instead. The Bishops wife in one of our last wards reupholsters furniture and I asked her if she would like to take this project on, knowing there is no way I could ever do it myself. To check out some of her work go to www.salvagechicfurniture.com.

Here is the before....
I painted the wood frame part black.
AFTER
I love them. They are perfect size. Thanks Diane, they turned out awesome.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Those look great! Where did you find your fabric? I have some chairs I got over the summer (from my parents basement) and I haven't found the right fabric yet. Those do look really awesome!

Levesque Family said...

I got the fabric at Home Fabrics on Stapley and Baseline. When I was buying it I was told that designers buy this one for $30 a yard. I got it for $11 a yard. I love it and plus I wanted something neutral. I love that store. I think there prices are cheaper then Joanns.

Marisa and Rob said...

I LOVE the Chairs!!! Man Tammy, when I get back to AZ you are going to have to help me with my house!! :D

Kenningtons said...

LOVE the chairs!!! They look so expensive.